Saturday, June 14, 2008

"You say you want a revolution"

Well, I want a revolution - on the bike. I went to the PT on Friday and she had me get on the stationery bike. Tried as I could, I just could not do a full revolution. She said that was fine. So, for about 10 minutes I pedaled one way as far as I could and held the stretch and then went backwards and did the same. When the full revolution does come, I will celebrate. Then it will be gradually adding resistance and increase my time on the bike. I hope that comes soon as I haven't done any type of aerobic exercise in 3 weeks and I need to start back up again before I gain weight. I think I lost a few pounds right after surgery as I didn't have an appetite. My diet was soup and saltines for several days. But now, my eating is back to normal and I need to find a way to burn off those calories. The leg lifts just aren't doing it.l

2 comments:

Kayla said...

Ugh, I am NOT looking forward to not being able to run and work out hard for a few months. At least we'll have PT to focus on :)

I might shoot myself in the face after a few weeks

Michele said...

I remember how I could not wait to get on the stationary bike. I had to have 110 degree flexion before I was allowed to try. It was wonderful!

Good luck with your recovery!