Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Not Much to Report

For those following my progress after ACL surgey, I just thought I'd touch base. However, there's not much to report. I believe my walking may be getting a little better or else I may just be getting use to walking with a limp. Nothing exciting or different happening at PT or with my rehab exercises. I assume they will give me more to do in the near future. I've already started doing two sets for some exercises.

One strange thing is happening. When I do certain exercises (i.e. heel slides) or ride the bike (I can now do revolutions but not very consistently or smoothly), I hit a "dread-end". It feels like something is in the way and if my knee slips or moves after I hit this point, I want to jump through the wall. It's a very distinct but strange pain and I HATE it. I don't know what it is except maybe scar tissue. I heard if you can't get rid of the scar tissue, it's back to the cutting board. My PT doesn't seem to concerned about it but I'll ask my surgeon about it when I go for my follow-up on July 1. I want to be walking better by then so he gives me a nod of approval. I feel like I need to please him; like this has now taken on a teacher/student relationship.

2 comments:

Kayla said...

Hey there,

Had my surgery at 11AM Thursday and I'm having a pretty rough first night. They gave me a nerve block so the first 12 hours were pretty awesome and pain free. Different story now that it's worn off!

They had to also end up taking half of my meniscus b/c it was really damaged...news to me.

PT starts in the morning and oh my gosh will that hurt!

Take care

Kayla

Posted by Holly Marie said...

Kayla,

Congrats on your surgery. Enjoy the "resting period" between now and the start of PT and rehab as that will go on for a long time. You'll have good days and bad days but you just got to push on. I go for my 5 week plus surgeon follow up tomorrow.