Sunday, January 25, 2009

One Year & Counting

So,it's been over a year since I tore my ACL and almost 8 months since the surgery. I'm beginning to sense, my knee will never be like it was. I still ice my knee after workouts and still have pain going up/down stairs. During the inauguration, I walked a couple of miles and had problems the next day. I feel very unsure about kneeling and when I sit on the floor and try to get back up, it is difficult, espcially when the leg stiffens up.

Other than that, I'm back to at least trying everything I used to do pre-injury, runing, yoga, etc., except skiing. I sold my ski boots a couple of weeks ago. Quite a bargain for the person who bought them as they were only used for about 10 hours.

I have yet another follow up visit to the surgeon next month. Since I saw him last month, there has been no improvement so I guess this is it. He said he had some tricks up his sleeve and I'm not sure what he meant but I guess I'll find out next month.

No comments: