Tuesday, February 5, 2008

I Can't Even Pedal!


After two weeks of doing hardly any physical exercise (I usually do something every day) except for a few knee & quad stretches and arm exercises with heavy hands (thank god I didn't throw them out), I actually looked forward to going to the gym. The PT told me I could use the stationary bike; yeah, finally some aerobic work. That joy ended when I was barely able to lift my leg to get on the thing. She told me not to go beyond level 1/2. Well, I didn't even need to enter a level; I had difficulty simply pedaling with no resistance. I was SO discouraged. I can't even imagine what post surgery will be like if this is how it is now. Getting up steps on crutches frightens me to death. It's amazing how much we take for granted. I have a new found respect for anyone using crutches, a wheelchair, artificial limbs, etc. My hat is off to you.

No comments: